Here we recommend the most reputable Android casinos for Australian players.
Tap the image on the right to be taken to the Google Play marketplace to install the official Royal Vegas Casino App, now legally available for Aussies with Android devices.
Note: For branding purposes, the app is called ‘Regal Vegas’ in free play, and ‘Royal Vegas’ when you play for real money. Nothing changes except the name, and no additional app downloads are required – it’s all accessible within the same app.
With the large screens that many of the latest Android smartphones feature, mobile casino games fit very nicely. And, with the growing popularity of these devices, many online casinos now offer a wide range of games specifically for Android. Tap above for our favourite places to play pokies, blackjack, roulette, and other games on an Android smartphone or tablet.
Australian Gambing has taken the time to cut through the clutter and find out the best real money Android casinos for our readers, through extensive testing across several different Android devices. The following four online casinos have come out on top, with fully optimised mobile games and easy, safe mobile banking.
1. Royal Vegas Android Casino: Royal Vegas is the leading website of Fortune Lounge group and a renowned online operator, with a reputation for high-quality games, fairness and solid security. RV was one of the first to cater to the emerging Android market and is easily our #1 choice for real money players with Android devices, with the very best selection of pokies and table games and up to AUD $1200 total in bonuses. Android users can play directly in their Web browser via Instant Play, but Royal Vegas has also released an official casino app for Android users, which you can access by tapping the Android button at the top of this page.
2. 7 Sultans Android Casino: 7Sultans stands its ground as another great mobile casino from Fortune Lounge Group – and matches its younger brother, Royal Vegas, as a stellar real money site for Android users to play their favourite casino games. It also shares the very best real money Android casino games, including all of the staple pokies and table games.
3. Guts Android Casino: Guts hosts games from multiple software developers such as Microgaming, BetSoft and NetEnt, and thus has a wide range of unique real money pokies and tables games playable on our Android phones and tablets. Grab up to $300 in free cash on your first deposit as well as 100 free spin on the popular pokie, Starburst.
4. Casino-Mate for Androids: Casino-Mate’s mobile interface is perfectly suited for Android devices, with a great interface, high quality gameplay and a list of real money (and free play) titles constantly being added to, and optimised for Android, including popular progressive jackpot pokies like Mega Moolah and Major Millions.
5. All Slots Android Casino: All Slots is favoured for its easy-to-navigate mobile interface which looks and runs especially good on Android devices. Whether its pokies favourites like Hitman or Thunderstruck, or a bit of European Blackjack Gold or video poker, All Slots has optimised their catalogue to ensure their Android offerings – especially the slots – aren’t just inferior ports to the experience found on computer.
All of the above casinos have dedicated, protected and streamlined cashier sections available on Android devices, so players can process AUD deposits and withdrawals with ease and peace of mind, thanks to state-of-the-art security. Some supported banking services include MasterCard and Visa credit & debit cards, Neteller, PayPal, and Ukash.
Android is an open source operating system created by Google. This means that there is no single company who produces Android handsets; rather, there are several companies who use the mobile operating system on certain smartphones, instead of one company and one operating system like you see with Apple iPhone’s. Here is a breakdown of the best Android handsets for mobile casino game play:
– Samsung Galaxy Note II: With a huge 5.5″ screen, quad-core processor, and Google’s 4.1 Jelly Bean platform, this may be the best device for mobile gambling. Pokies and graphic intensive games work flawlessly, and this device really brings games to life.
– Samsung Galaxy S3/S4/S5: The S3 has a large 4.8″ Super AMOLED HD screen that is incredibly sharp, and its successors increased the display’s capabilities in both size (5″ for S4, 5.1+ for S5) and resolution (crystal clear 1080p). Users rave about how fast the phone processes information, which translates into a great experience for mobile casino games.
– LG Optimus G: Available exclusively through Telstra in Australia, the LG Optimus G is fast, but owners report a poor battery life. It is 4G capable, has a large 4.7″ 1080p HD screen, and runs the 4.1 Jelly Bean processor. It seems to be priced right where it should be – right in the middle.
– Sony Xperia Z: Yep, a Sony on the list. With a 5″, 1080p display, the Sony Xperia Z is another great choice for Android fans who want to play real money casino games. Reviews claim a weak speaker system on this device however, so if you like the sounds of a pokie machine, this may not be the best choice.
– HTC One: Although the HTC One is one of the cheaper smartphones on this list, it holds it’s own against more expensive devices (for gambling purposes). It has a 4.7″ HD screen, and text is very crisp. This is great for games like pokies, where the text for betting amounts and game images tend to be very small. This device also uses the 4.1 Jelly Bean processor, like the more expensive Galaxy Note II. Other choices include the HTC One S and One X.
– Google Nexus 4: Considering the other Android devices available, we do not recommend the Google Nexus 4. It doesn’t offer 4G capability or expandable memory, two important things that are easily found in other Android devices.
– HTC Evo 4G: A beautiful phone with a 4″ color QHD touch screen and 4G internet capabilities makes this offering from HTC perfect for poker, roulette or slots playing while on the go.
– Motorola Droid RAZR: An old favorite resurrected with the Android OS, an AMOLED Advanced touch-screen display and a rear-facing 8.0MP digital camera. This offering from Motorola is perfect for looking stylish while chatting online or playing a few hands of poker on the way home from work.
– Samsung Epic 4G: Promoted as more of a mobile HD cinema then an ANdroid smartphone, the Samsung Epic is a budget option with plenty of high end features. You will definitely enjoy playing craps online with this capable yet affordable Android device.
Some mobile casinos offer apps for different games, but many of them offer instant-play games as well. Instant-play games do not require a download, meaning your Android device won’t be using up memory.
Android casino apps generally more streamlined interfaces all in one application, which better suits regular players who want a dedicated app. Royal Vegas’s official casino app for Android is one such high-quality app we recommend for users. However, Instant Play via your mobile device’s Web browser is an equally competent playing option; in the end, the ‘better’ option depends on the individual player’s preferences.
When trying to decide between the apps or instant-play, consider a few things:
1/ Does my Android have enough available memory? In general terms, if you’ve bought your smartphone or tablet within the last couple of years, it should have more than enough memory to download a few casino apps. However, if you already have tons of stuff on your device, you might consider removing things you don’t use (apps, music you no longer listen to etc.) before downloading new apps.
2/ How often do I want to play? If you’re going to play a lot, you might as well get the app and enjoy having the mobile casino accessible through a tap of an app icon. However, if you just want to play around now & then, you might prefer saving the memory on your Android and go with the instant-play games via your Web browser.
3/ Am I going to play for real money? Both methods are recommended for real money play, as there’s no true advantage over one or the other. Both are also safe and secure thanks to the casino’s top digital encryption technology governing their games and the data connections.